Friday, March 20, 2009

Changing of the Guard

I don't know if every country has a memorial to the unknown soldier, but Russia does, like the United States. I had the opportunity to see the changing of the guard one evening when walking around with my friend Natalie. We were in the area, and since it was about the top of the hour, we decided to wait around to see if they were going to change. Luckily for us, they did. It was incredibly precise, in true military fashion. I was very impressed by it, and it was interesting to see that Russian soldiers formally march in a much different way than American soldiers. Anyway, here are some pictures from the guard changing. I have to apologise for the poor quality, but my flash was not good enough in the light, so I didn't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment