Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring is on the way!!!!

While that daily high temperature is still hovering around freezing (0 or 32 depending), spring is obviously on its way. The sun is out more, and for longer periods off time. When I walk from the apartment to the metro in the mornings, I hear birds singing/chirping. Yes, there are pigeons and crows here year round, but the bird songs I hear do not belong to either of these types of birds. I also see a lot of street vendors selling flowers, which was not that uncommon a month ago, but the number of people selling flowers on the street has increased dramatically. It is quite refreshing, after the sea of dark colors that I have seen for the past month! What I mean is this: just about everyone in Russia wears dark/black clothing. I know I have stated it before, but I have to reiterate my statement because it is so different from the States. To see all of these flowers on the street in bright reds, blues, yellows, pinks, etc. is really a nice sight after a month of darkness. I really am my mother's son. hahahaha. The other thing is, it smells like spring. The air is different. Its not dry, sterile smelling. I dont know how to explain it. I'm sure you know what I mean. Hurray for spring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment