Monday, March 2, 2009

Now I get it.... well, ok, maybe not...

Yea, so, first for what I understand! I now know why Russians really have so few cloths, or at least one reason for it. I went to the mall (yes, they have those here now!) to look for an overcoat, something black, or dark, at least. I want to have something that is not RED!! haha, while it is not a fire engine red, it is still not typical, although, the longer I have been here, the more I spot other pretty radical jackets. Anyway, what I am getting it is that everything is incredibly expensive. I went into a store, and the jacket I tried on was on sale, 30% off, but after I did the conversion, it was still $350. Yea, not getting that jacket any time soon. I blame all the millionaires and billionaires in Moscow. Seriously. There are 72, give or take a few, billionaires in Moscow, and something rediculous like 113,000 millionaires. Yea, theres a lot of them. They are the reason that there are huge malls that cater to people with money. Well, thats what I think at least. Im not even going to get started on Capitalism...

Ok, so now on to what I dont get. What I dont get is why Moscow women wear stilettos in the middle of the winter, and why, since the end of Butter week, they think its spring, so they are wearing skirts and shorts. I think that they are all wearing tights, but even still, I cannot understand how they can possibly be staying warm when walking around on the streets of Moscow. Seriously, its freezing man! Well, actually, usually well below freezing. Plus, there is usually a serious layer of ice packed onto the sidewalks. I walked by a place where they were breaking up the ice that had been packed in place for weeks on end, and there were pieces that were over 6 inches thick. How is it possible to possibly walk in stilettos on ice? Really. Please, tell me how they all manage to do it, and not break their ankles! I would love to know!! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment